Health, Well-Being & Fitness
Health, Well-Being & Fitness: Group Classes
Group exercise classes can add fun and variety to an otherwise boring exercise routine! Take an opportunity to meet new people, challenge yourself and elevate your goals by trying any of the many classes we offer – FREE WITH MEMBERSHIP! Our talented instructors are certified trainers and can help you every step of the way.
Dress Code: Wellness Center
Members and guests are expected to wear proper workout attire in the wellness center, which includes shirts and proper footwear (no swimsuits, sandals or open-toed shoes allowed).
CPR / AED / First Aid Classes
We offer certified courses in Adult, Infant, and Child:
- First Aid Classes
- Creative projects
- Life Guard Training
- Life Fitness weight equipment
- Hammer Strength Free Weights
- Stationary Cycles
- Treadmills – Techno Gym Internet Accessible
- Elliptical Trainers/Steppers
- Personal LCD Screens on most Cardio Equipment
- Private, spacious fitness classrooms
- Qualified staff members on-site
- Personal Trainers available by appointment
- New Member Orientation
- Towel Service
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times. (Shirt, shorts, and closed-toe shoes)
- Must be 11 years old or older and have orientation to use the Wellness Center.
Annual Fun Run/Walk
Partnered with the Gulf Coast Running Club, come out and join the fun! Started in 1988, the Winter Classic, 10K and 1Mile Fun Run is in January each year.
2 Mile and 1/4Mile Fun Run in July. (1st race started in 1980) is accurately marked, beautiful with a scenic course. Start at Pine Street, to Shear water, turn left to East Beach and back. In 2011 we had 450 runners!
The only open water swim race in the tri-state area, the OSPREY features a 2 mile swim race, an Aquathlon (1 mile swim & 10k run) and a 10k run. Held in the beautiful downtown Ocean Springs at Fort Maurepas Park. OSPREY 2016
Visit www.ososprey.com for more information.
Personal Fitness: PT
Personal trainers are available by appointment. Please email Joey Conwill for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
Water Activities: Adult Swim Lessons
Contact member services for class times and availability.
Day trips are among the most popular events. Everyone loads up in the Y van and goes places up to a couple hours away. The New Orleans Aquarium and Audubon Zoo, the Mobile Flower Festival, Slidell Swamp Tour and Craft Fairs are just some of the many places they have been.
Typically in October, a longer trip is scheduled. One year was a cruise, and this year they’re taking a Motor Coach Tour to Amelia Island, St. Augustine and Jacksonville, FL. People of all ages are welcome at the AAC! Many programs are offered free to the general public. As with any fee-based program/class, any fee-based program/class, YMCA members are given a discount.
Active Adult Activities
We offer Active Adult activities with a comfortable environment for active older adults to exercise and attend group work-out programs specifically designed to meet their needs.
We holds a variety of activities including:
- Bridge Walking
- Game Day
- Bible study
- Book clubs
- Card Players Clubs
- Health and wellness presentations and community guest speakers.
- Members get together for fun and fellowship, pot-luck lunches, volunteer opportunities, and common interests.
- Fun-filled day trips to local events