Group exercise classes can add fun and variety to an otherwise boring exercise routine! Take an opportunity to meet new people, challenge yourself and elevate your goals by trying any of the many classes we offer, including Les Mills classes – FREE WITH MEMBERSHIP! Our talented instructors are certified trainers and can help you every step of the way.
Fitness Schedules can be found here!
One in three American adults has high blood pressure, which puts them at risk for stroke and heart disease, two of the leading causes of death in the U.S.
In response to this critical health issue, YMCA’s Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program offers personalized support as participants develop the habit of monitoring their blood pressure. Research shows that the process of recording blood pressure at least twice a month over a period of four months can lower blood pressure in many people with high blood pressure.
Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring is one part of Y-USA’s suite of evidence-based chronic disease prevention programs. Since 2005, the Y has worked to become a leading provider of chronic disease prevention programs to communities across the U.S.
- Take and record their blood pressure at least two times per month
- Attend two consultations a month with a Healthy Heart Ambassador
- Attend monthly nutrition education seminars
Research shows that the process of recording blood pressure at least twice a month over a period of four months has been shown to lower blood pressure in many people with high blood pressure.
The program is designed to support participants in realizing these benefits:
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Better blood pressure management
- Increased awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
- Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
To participate in the program, participants must be:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be diagnosed with high blood pressure
- Not have experienced a recent cardiac event
- Not have atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias
- Not be at risk for lymphedema
If interested in the Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program, email Jara Miller at email@example.com and she will get in touch with you.
Our brand new equipment in our Wellness Center includes:
- Life Fitness weight equipment
- Hammer Strength free weights
- Stationary cycles
- Treadmills – Techno Gym Internet Accessible
- Elliptical trainers/steppers
- Nautilus Strength Equipment
- Personal LCD Screens on most cardio equipment
- Private, spacious fitness classrooms
- Qualified staff members on-site
- Personal Trainers available by appointment
- New Member Orientation free with your membership
- Towel Service
Dress Code: Members and guests are expected to wear proper workout attire in the wellness center, which includes shirts, shorts and proper footwear (no swimsuits, sandals or open-toed shoes allowed.)
Must be 11 years old or older and have a fitness orientation to use the Wellness Center.
Personal trainers are available by appointment. Please call us for more information at (228) 875-5050.
Partnered with the Gulf Coast Running Club, come out and join the fun! Started in 1988, the Winter Classic 10K and 1Mile Fun Run is in January each year.
2 Mile and 1/4Mile Fun Run in July. (1st race started in 1980) is accurately marked, beautiful with a scenic course. The run begins and ends at the Blossman Family YMCA, with the highlight being a beautiful running route that flanks the Gulf Coast.
This challenge includes weekly weigh ins, accountability coaches, group fitness classes, weekly educational speakers, lunch and learns, pop up challenges, and so much more! Participants will be educated on health, wellness, and nutrition to aid in long term SUCCESS! Prizes for overall male and female winners. Participants will receive a Y Fit T-shirt at the end of the 8 weeks. Must be 18+ to register.